Strandhill Summerfest is a weekend of inspiration, encouragement, guidance and liberation for writers and would-be-writers at every stage in their journey to self-expression. The 2013 Summerfest will be held on the weekend of July 26th – 28th.
The Summerfest is held annually in Strandhill, Co. Sligo. Workshops are led by a team of inspirational facilitators: poets, Ted & Annie Deppe, novelist and documentary maker, Joe Kearney, and multi-genre writer, Órfhlaith Ní Chonaill. The weekend also includes a forum on Truth or Fiction: Self-revelation through writing. On Saturday, there will be a social evening with dinner and an open mic for participating writers.
· Take time out for you and your writing
· Discover the genius within you
· Write with inspirational facilitators
· Work in a safe, supportive environment
· Find your unique writing voice
· Share and celebrate your writing with others
· Write in any genre: poetry, fiction, memoir
· Enjoy a beautiful seaside location
· Avail of the weekend at an affordable price
· Get feedback on your writing
· Participate in small workshops in a private house
· Relax in a lovely garden with patio, pond and labyrinth
· Overcome writers’ blocks
· Use your own voice with confidence
This year, the Summerfest is celebrating its 10th anniversary. It began life as Caomhain and the Flowering Oak, a festival of creative writing which was originally held in St. Angela's College, Sligo. In 2006, it moved to Strandhill and changed its name. The weekend has been thriving since, attracting a great mix of writers and continuing to inspire wonderful writing in a safe, relaxed and easy-going atmosphere.
The cost of the weekend is €125 and includes snacks, light lunch on Saturday and Dinner on Saturday evening.
For further details you can visit: http://www.writersinksligo.com/summerfest2013.html, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone: 0872799108.